QuickBooks is an amazing bookkeeping and accounting solution for small and mid-sized businesses. It offers multiple features for you to arrange, manage, and back up your data. It allows you to set automatic backups for your data files such that you do not miss the data backups, and it automatically gets backed up on the system. However, sometimes, its automatic backup feature does not work as usual, and you may get an error saying QuickBooks Scheduled Backup Not Working. If the error does not get resolved on time, your data files might be at risk. So, read the following blog to get reliable solutions for the scheduled backup not working issue in QuickBooks.
Do not know why QuickBooks Automatic Backup Not Working on your system, call the experts for assistance. Call the +1-(855)-955-1942.
What are the Possible Reasons for Scheduled Backup Not Working Issue?
The various reasons behind the scheduled backup not working issue are as follows:
Attempting to Backup on External Hard Drive
You may face this issue because QuickBooks is not able to create a backup file because it is unable to recognize the external device. However, it can be fixed easily by making a local backup on the system. And then copying the backup to the external drive or flash drive.
Your Company File Has More Characters Then Recommended
If your company file name is more than 65 characters, then it may cause issues while creating the backup file. Thus, you need to rename the file and make sure it is shorter and does not contain too many spaces, underscores, or any special characters in the name.
You May Also Read: QuickBooks Something’s Not Quite Right
Issue With the Integrity Of Your Data
If your data itself is damaged, then you may face issues while getting its backup. However, running the Verify and Rebuild Tool can help you check your data.
Steps to Rectify QuickBooks Scheduled Backup Not Working Issue
After knowing the reasons behind the QuickBooks Automatic Backup not working issue, you can resolve the issue in the following way:
Solution 1: Run QB as an Administrator
If your QB scheduled backup is not working, then you need to run the application as an administrator. You can run it as an admin in the following way:
- First, click right on the QuickBooks application icon on the desktop and then go to its Properties section.
- You will now get a dialog box; click on the Run this program in compatibility mode for option. And then, select the Windows 10 option from the drop-down list.
- After that, hit the Run this program as an administrator option under these Privileges.
- Then, hit Apply and OK.
Solution 2: Get Scheduled Backup on a Local Drive
If you are not able to schedule a backup in QuickBooks, then you can get your backup schedules on a local drive and then copy them up in an external drive. The steps are as follows:
- First, open the File menu in the QuickBooks application.
- Then go to Save Copy or Backup, select the Backup Copy option from the given options, and click Next.
- After that, choose the option Local Backup when a window asking “Do you want to save your backup copy locally or online?” appears, and then click Next.
- After that, you will get the Backup Options dialog box; click on the Browse button and choose the location to save the backup copy, and then hit Next.
- Again a question window will pop up asking, “When do you want to save your backup copy? Then click Save It Now and then Next.
- Now, your backup file will get saved on the local drive. You can minimize the QB window now and move to the location where you saved the backup file.
- After this, right-click on the backup file and click on the Copy option.
- Then, in the external drive on Windows Explorer, you need to right-click on an empty space and click Paste to get the file on the external drive.
The Final Words!
Hopefully, the above methods mentioned in the blog will help you fix the QuickBooks Scheduled Backup Not Working issue easily. Follow the solutions stepwise and get your backups on time. However, if you get stuck over anything, you can connect with us at the +1-(855)-955-1942.
Related Post: How To QuickBooks Data Repair